Thursday 3 May 2012

Tips to give a seminar

TIPS to give a seminar

A speech needs time to grow. Prepare for weeks, sleep on it, dream about it and let your ideas sink into your subconscious. Ask yourself questions, write down your thoughts, and keep adding new ideas. As you prepare every speech ask yourself the following questions.


In one concise sentence, what is the purpose of this speech?
1) Who is the audience? What is their main interest in this topic?
2) What do I really know and believe about this topic as it relates to this audience?
3) What additional research can I do?
4) What are the main points of this presentation?
5) What supporting information and stories can I use to support each of my main points?
6) What visual aids, if any, do I need?
7) Do I have an effective opening grabber?
8) In my final summary, how will I plan to tell them “What’s In It For Me?”
9) Have I polished and prepared the language and words I will use?
10) Have I taken care of the little details that will help me speak more confidently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write your openion about my blog spot..To get automatic facebook updates like my Pagehttps://www.facebook.com/shivashankar4u ..It takes only 1 min to write the comment and to like the page.. Thanks.